We are a volunteer-based organization. Volunteers are vital to the Maitland Trail Association, and they’re what make it a great organization. If you’d like to join us and become a volunteer or would like more information about the positions below, please contact us.
- Trail Ranger: Twice a year, teams of two monitor their section of the trail, perform light trail maintenance and report trail conditions to the maintenance crew (spring and fall).
- Trail Maintenance Crew: Trail maintenance is carried out on Thursday mornings throughout the spring, summer, and fall, weather permitting. Tools and materials are provided by MTA.
- Hike Leader: A few times a year, on a weekend morning, our hike leaders organize guided hikes along a chosen section of a local trail. Hike Leader Certification Training is provided by Hike Ontario.
- Invasive Species Removal Team: Find out more about MTA’s Invasive Species Removal Projects and how you can help.
- Trail Trivia Team: Are you looking for a fun, easy, and interesting way to help your community? We are seeking a volunteer (one person or a team of two) to update and maintain MTA’s Trail Trivia. Find out more about it here.