- Saturday May 13, 2023, at the Columbus Centre parking lot, in Goderich
- Plants and compost for sale from 10am – 2pm
- One guided hike in the Maitland Woods at 1pm
Each May, MTA, the John Hindmarsh Environmental Trust Fund, and the Maitland Conservation Foundation hold their annual Plant and Compost Sale at the lovely Maitland Woods (Columbus Centre on Parson’s Court in Goderich). Proceeds of the sale go to several local organizations:
- The Maitland Conservation Foundation and the John Hindmarsh Environmental Trust Fund to help fund nature programs at local schools
- The Wawanosh Nature Centre to help provide excellent nature programs to school groups
- Maitland Trail Association
Pick up some new and interesting plants for your garden, as well as compost to provide that ever-needed enrichment…plants for all gardens; perennials, sun-loving, shade-tolerant, natives and herbs.
There will also be a limited amount of bagged compost available. It often sells out early!
This is also a good opportunity to donate excess plants from your garden. If you have donations, bring them to the sale site before 10am, or contact us 1-2 days ahead of time.
On the same afternoon, there will be a guided hike through the Maitland Woods suitable for all ages.