Falls Reserve Conservation Area (FRCA)
FRCA Rules for Year-round Trail Use for MTA members:
- MTA members may use the MTA Trail Use Area shown in yellow on the map (use of other trails or other areas within FRCA is not permitted).
- MTA members may use the (highlighted) northwest washroom (open seasonally from April to October).
- Trail use is for foot traffic only (hiking, running, skiing, snowshoeing). No motorized vehicles. Cycling is only allowed with an FRCA permit.
- Parking at the gate is not permitted from April 15 – October 15.
- Follow the Trail Users Code and the Rules and Regulations of the Conservation Area.
Winter Usage for MTA members (October 15 – April 15)
- Parking at the gatehouse is permitted with an MTA Membership Card displayed on the dash of the vehicle
- Walk-in access is permitted from the gatehouse to the orange trail (near pond) to access the Maitland Trail and Blue trail sections
- For full access to the FRCA property (all trails, playground, parking, etc.), MTA members may purchase an FRCA Season Membership Pass and receive $25 off, or 25% off a Daily Pass. Overnight use is excluded from the discount. Click here to see current FRCA Fees.
- For use of areas outside the designated MTA Trail Use Area shown in yellow on this map, an FRCA permit must be purchased.
- Permits may be purchased at the park during open hours, or by an eTransfer to email@example.com. After completing the eTransfer, email your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you purchased a permit.