Where is the Maitland Trail?
- Here is a kmz file that you can download, then open in Google Earth.
- Here is the index map from our trail guide.
- Hike Huron has a free trail guide for download. The Maitland Trail is on pages 13 & 13A
Our Mission: To maintain and develop dedicated and partnership trails in the Maitland Valley for discovery and appreciation of the natural environment.
The MTA, through the development and maintenance of sustainable and vital organizational structures driven by accountability and responsibility, shall strive to adhere to it’s guiding principles, being:
- Protecting the natural environment of the Maitland River Valley as it pertains to trails maintenance and development;
- Providing safe and, where possible, handicapped-accessible opportunities for physical activity, nature appreciation and recreation for the community;
- Fostering community involvement, partnerships and stewardship.
Board of Directors as of April 2020:
President: Kathleen Lush
Vice President: Anthony Hodsman
Treasurer: Don Forbes
Secretary: Bethany McRae
Membership Co-ordinator: Gerry Wasylciw
Trail Crew Coordinators: Roger Goddard, Brian McCulloch, Mike Cicchini (With Doug Ellacott & Con Melady)
Hike Ontario Rep.: Allison Stoecker
Landowner Relations: Joanne Hickey
Annual Meeting Planner: Jacqui Empson-Laporte
Hike/Leader Coordinator & Newsletter Editor: Cristen Watt
Directors At Large:
Other Key People:
Trail Ranger Co-ordinator: Doug Ellacott
Web Committee: Al Sanders, Patrick Capper