Where is the Maitland Trail?
- Here is a kmz file that you can download, then open in Google Earth.
- Here is the index map from our trail guide.
- Hike Huron has a free trail guide for download. The Maitland Trail is on pages 13 & 13A
Our Mission: To maintain and develop dedicated and partnership trails in the Maitland Valley for discovery and appreciation of the natural environment.
The MTA, through the development and maintenance of sustainable and vital organizational structures driven by accountability and responsibility, shall strive to adhere to it’s guiding principles, being:
- Protecting the natural environment of the Maitland River Valley as it pertains to trails maintenance and development;
- Providing safe and, where possible, handicapped-accessible opportunities for physical activity, nature appreciation and recreation for the community;
- Fostering community involvement, partnerships and stewardship.
Board of Directors as of April 2018:
President: Kathleen Lush
Past President: Vacant
Vice President: Brian McCulloch
Treasurer: Don Forbes
Secretary: Erinn Lawrie
Membership Co-ordinator: Gerry Wasylciw
Trail Crew Leader: Roger Goddard
Trail Ranger Co-ordinator: Brian McCulloch
Hike Ontario Rep.: Allison Stoecker
Directors At Large:
Other Key People:
Landowner Relations Committee: Cindy Fisher
Volunteer Co-ordinators: Janie Van Essen
Newsletter Committee: Janie Van Essen, Anne Storey, Beth Ross, Tineasha Brenot
Web Committee: Al Sanders, Shannon Kammerer