Why the sad emoji? Because it’s time to curb our hiking, take precautions, avoid the trail at the time of year when it’s so great for hiking.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Watch for trail closures
- Wear bright clothing and keep your dogs on leash (for their own safety)
- Nov 4-10 AND Dec 2-8: The entire Maitland Trail closed
- Oct 1 – Dec 31: Jenkins Corner to Riverbend (km 7.9 – 10.5) closed
- Oct 1 – Dec 31: Bow deer hunting occurs on the Maitland Trail, except for the 2 weeks of controlled gun hunting
- Sept 5 – Dec 31: Waterfowl hunting can occur on the river