- The main Maitland Trail will be CLOSED for hunting season from November 6 to November 12; and December 4 to December 10. Click here for more details.
- Due to the risk of falling trees, hiking is not recommended during high winds, heaving rainfall or heavy snowfall. Hiking trails may be used year-round at your own risk, and safety should be your priority.
- Sifto Loop – Invasive Buckthorn Removal Project – Please click here for more details
If you wish to report a trail issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Trail Status
- All trails are currently open and in good condition.
- As always, be aware of possible loose branches dislodged by wind.
- Be prepared for mud and/or ice.
- Falls Reserve Conservation Area – MTA trails only (SEE THE MAP)
- See important information below. If you don’t have an MTA membership, you must purchase an FRCA permit.
- Maitland Woods – 3.2 km through an urban forest
- Millennium Trail – accessible from the east end of Nelson St in Goderich
- Sifto Loop – accessible from the north side of the Menesetung Bridge
- As always, dogs must be leashed. This is a requirement of the people who own the land on which our trail passes.
- Hikers are asked to be responsible, respect land owners’ wishes, and stay up-to-date on these trail use conditions.
This section has been re-routed around the field, adding an additional 2 km to the trail length. Watch for signs and blazes. Map 7 of the trail guide shows the update. Click HERE to see the route.
Falls Reserve Conservation Area (FRCA)
FRCA Rules for Year-round Trail Use for MTA members:
- MTA members may use the MTA Trail Use Area shown in yellow on the map (use of other trails or other areas within FRCA is not permitted).
- MTA members may use the (highlighted) northwest washroom (open seasonally from April to October).
- Trail use is for foot traffic only (hiking, running, skiing, snowshoeing). No motorized vehicles. Cycling is only allowed with an FRCA permit.
- Parking at the gate is not permitted from April 15 – October 15.
- Follow the Trail Users Code and the Rules and Regulations of the Conservation Area.
Winter Usage for MTA members (October 15 – April 15)
- Parking at the gatehouse is permitted with an MTA Membership Card displayed on the dash of the vehicle
- Walk-in access is permitted from the gatehouse to the orange trail (near pond) to access the Maitland Trail and Blue trail sections
- For full access to the FRCA property (all trails, playground, parking, etc.), MTA members may purchase an FRCA Season Membership Pass and receive $25 off, or 25% off a Daily Pass. Overnight use is excluded from the discount. Click here to see current FRCA Fees.
- For use of areas outside the designated MTA Trail Use Area shown in yellow on this map, an FRCA permit must be purchased.
- Permits may be purchased at the park during open hours, or by an eTransfer to email@example.com. After completing the eTransfer, email your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you purchased a permit.